Monday, June 18, 2007

Number Eight

I'm still playing with this on a bit, and finding it somewhat unwieldy. I think that rss feeds can definitely be used both in my private and professional life, and the library system can certainly use them for our customers as well. Perhaps I'm finding a few problems here simply because this is one thing I have never used, but one of the things that bothers me is that there is such an inconsistency in where to FIND that little rss symbol on any given page. I've had to actually do a search for it on two of the pages I subscribed to. I don't know how it would be monitored, but it's too bad there is no way to make that consistent...always at the top, bottom, or side of a page.

1 comment:

Secesh1860 said...

And since writing this, I've noted that there has been a "movement" to make those little rss symbols easier to find.....and that many sites are now including them in the address bar at the top of the browser...MUCH easier!!