Monday, June 18, 2007

Number Seven

"anything technology related"....well, I agree with the sample....I DEFINITELY love digital cameras, and part of the reason is that my parents live all the way down in Arkansas, and yet I can upload pictures to my computer, then upload them to Walgreens website, call my parents, and they can pick those pictures up in an hour!! I LOVE it, and so do they!!

Another thing I love? IM!!! I have friends all over the county, and it's a great way to actually chat with them! In addition, (and here's a TRULY practical use of this!) I'm president of a large living history group with members scattered across 5 states. Once a year, we have an online meeting in a chat room, and that way our members can meet their "one meeting a year" requirement, all from the comfort of their own house!!

2 comments:

aet said...

Back again, NOT commenting on technology! What time periods does your living history group portray? (Just nosy.) I really enjoy living history - especially when the "presenter" is knowledgeable about the character he or she is portraying. I once saw a living history Martha Washington, pre-President Washington, and she was excellent. She acted puzzled when visitors asked her about President Washington. She referred to her husband as "the colonel". It may have been at Mt. Vernon, but I don't recall.

Secesh1860 said...

I've been gone on a research/vacation, so am just seeing this. We do the Civil War era, as well as some antebellum things...mostly for the NPS and historic homes. If you know where Belair in Bowie is, we'll be there in September, recreating a Soldier's Aid Society fundraising fair...come on out!!

And here's our website: www.agsas.org