Monday, June 11, 2007

Number Five

Ok, leaving the "weeks" heading off, since I'm obviously not following THAT dictate! So...just the related number from here on!

And Flikr again, is not a new thing overall to me...I have lots of friends that publish pictures there, so it's one way to keep up with that, and I even have a folder on there as well (along with webshots, dotphoto, photobucket, yahoo pics....well, let's not EVEN get into all that..so many I have to keep the folders and passwords straight by sending emails to myself!!!)

Anyway, here's one of my favorite places, from a picture found in Flickr.....you might recognize these as the ruins of Windsor Plantation in Mississippi.

Which once looked like this:




This is a sketch historians discovered in a Union soldier's journal. It gives us the only image known to exist of Windsor Mansion.

If you've ever seen the old film, "Raintree Country", you've seen Elizabeth Taylor's character stand in the front of these ruins

1 comment:

Secesh1860 said...

Ah...and you now see one of the problems with the online picture services....the first picture I posted is now "currently unavailable" (although it may show up again!)....that's the reason I didn't go back and fix it, so you can see the problems!!